2 listopada 2010

#15 SHORT FILMS: Ten Thousand Pictures of You



Written, Directed & Edited by Robin King
Starring: Denise Hoey, David Crow, Ruth Larkin

This pixilation (stop-motion animation using real people) was made for Screen South as part of the UK Film Council's Digital Shorts scheme. As much as possible, it was made 'in camera' without digital superimposure, using thousands of printed materials.

The whole film took about a year: roughly three months each for development, prep, shoot and post - although due to the nature of the film, part of the post bled into the shoot.

The programs I used were Photoshop, Premiere 6.5 and some bespoke programs I coded myself (a 3D animatic planning program and another to smooth out some of the tracking shots). To be honest my machine and the software weren't up to what I needed from them, and I would have a much better time of it now, with my macbookpro, FCP and a tablet...

I used a Canon Eos 350D Digital SLR to shoot, and took roughly 26,000 photos overall.


POPRZEDNIE KRÓTKOMETRAŻÓWKI

2 komentarze:

  1. fajnie zrobiony filmik, jest też teledysk zrobiony taką samą techniką, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tRxyaYy2DU

    OdpowiedzUsuń
  2. Teledysk jak każdy inny tylko zlepiony metodą poklatkową. Jak dla mnie można raz obejrzeć, ale szału nie ma :) Prawda jest taka, że w tej technice jest bardzo dużo filmów, ale niestety niewiele z pomysłem. Wkrótce kolejne filmiki tego typu które wg mnie mają w sobie to coś. A w następnym odcinku short za 100000 $ :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń